Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What's for Dinner?

2.2.10



Hi!



So today I was supposed to train-but I took a core strength class instead. Man did that hurt. I am more aware of my eating now.. thank god because I need proper nutrition. Being gluten free is tough but like I said, I will not let me get me down.



I am hungry... whats for dinner tonight? I think I might make pork lettuce wraps. I have a 1/2 of a left over pork roast. Think.. think.. YES! Please see below for my quick and easy recipe.



Pork Lettuce Wraps (with a side salad)
4 Large lettuce "cups"
1/2 a roast cut small
2 shallots
4 cloves (I LOVE garlic)
Enough Extra Virgin Olive Oil to coat the pan
A splash of ginger oil
A splash of sesame oil
1/4 tbsp of GF teriyaki sauce
1/4 tbsp of GF soy sauce
1/2 cup of cocktail peanuts
1/2 cup of broken up CORN tortilla chips for crunch
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a pan, saute the onions and garlic until tender in heated extra virgin oil
Add pork salt and pepper to taste ginger oil, sesame oil, teriyaki and soy and mix
Let all ingredients incorporate in pan under medium heat
After about 5 minuets add the peanuts and corn tortilla chips stir until you have desired taste.

Wash lettuce cups and put them in a bowl scoop mixture into lettuce cup. Wrap it up like a tortilla wrap and enjoy! This is great with a side salad of greens, kiwi and tomaoes sprinkled with a dash of Himalayan sea salt.

Yumm.. what a satisfying dinner. NO tummy ache for me! Enjoy...

xo
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment