Friday, February 26, 2010

TGIF: A few drink ideas for you this weekend..

YAY!!



So the weekend is upon us and I wasn't going to Blog today, but someone inspired me to after the nice things he wrote on my FB page. (This one is for you Gene!)



I love beer. I think what I miss most now that I am gluten free is I can not have pizza and beer. The quintessential items for a late night or a fun Sunday watching football. But that has all changed. No more excuses because there are some VERY tasty beers out there that people have a preconceived thought about because it doesn't contain any barley or whatever it is they put in beer. People should explore more- there is more to just grabbing a 12 pack of Bud or Miller light. I mean, don't get me wrong I liked those, but common go and explore.



If you were in a microbrewery with a blindfold on and they told you to taste the beers, you would NEVER know they were gluten free. So here is a list of the top beers I love to drink. (In moderation of course!)



1. New Grist Delicious and crisp

2. Greens Refreshing and a great Ale

3. Bards I love the malted sorghum yummmy!



So there you have it. My top three. Now if you want something I call "Summer in your mouth" please see the recipe below!



The Amanda Drink (Summer in your mouth)

Start with a large 8oz cup

fill 1/2 way with ice

Add 1/2 cup of dry white wine (whatever tickles your fancy I like Pinto Grigio)

Add a drizzle of Grenadine (naturally Gluten Free)

Fill the remainder of the cup with Sprite

Add some cherries if you want, sit back, relax and enjoy!!



Yummm.. a Gluten Free wine spritzer. Is summer here yet?



Have a wonderful weekend and remember: Drink responsibly!



xo,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment